Monday, November 01, 2010

Weekend Update

We had a nice weekend -- mother-in-law JoAnn came down for a visit and attended a fundraiser with us on Saturday afternoon. We went to a Halloween party at church, went to a service on Sunday, did some shopping, hung out with the kids, and Garrett and Rob went to a Scouting event on Saturday as well.

Guess I haven't mentioned that Garrett got involved with Boy Scouts earlier this year. It has been a positive thing and I will definitely blog more about it later.

Also, I haven't mentioned ... I am learning to knit.

I know, like I need another hobby, right? But one thing I have learned about myself is that I do not do well with too much free time. I need a routine. There's a knitting group at church that meets one afternoon and one evening a month, and people just come when they can. I went to the last afternoon meeting and JoAnn (who is an extremely talented knitter) gave me some pointers this weekend. I think it will be a good thing for me; the social time, the learning, the creating objects for others ... all positive.

So that's what's up. Nice weekend, low stress (thanks to my lack of political commitments), and happy kids.

Wow. I love that.

No comments:

Post a Comment