Sunday, January 01, 2012

Resolved

I don't like New Year's Resolutions -- just a setup for failure.

I do have a few things I just want to put down here, though, to perhaps encourage me as I move through 2012.

I would like to learn how to use Photoshop Elements well. I have version 7 and I don't want to upgrade until I am more comfortable with it. It is NOT intuitive, it is NOT user-friendly, and I am always frustrated when I open it up to do something new, but it must be the best option or millions of people wouldn't swear by it. I owe it to myself to figure it out.

I would like to post more regularly here. I miss it. Having this space to process is something I have appreciated for the last 6 (!) years. I find I post less and less about the boys as they get older, and I am busier all the time with work and activities and life in general, but I need to find a way to carve out a space in my life for this. I will try.

As I typed that, I was reminded of Yoda: "Do or do not. There is no try." Dangit.

I'll try anyway.

I'll also try to remember to be more patient. More calm. More kind. Especially to my family. They deserve it.

Last year was a year of endings -- mostly positive, but still endings, in so many ways.

I want to make 2012 a year of beginnings. The possibilities are endless. I'm going to get started.

I wish you all the best in the coming year: health, hope, and more happiness than your heart can hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment