Wednesday, November 06, 2013

Busy.

Wow. I have been busy. Things are moving even faster than usual around here, but most of it is very, very good and for that I am grateful.

I started a new job officially in mid-August. My previous position, at a non-profit, was great but they opted not to fund my position after June 15. I respect that decision and believe it was the right one, both for the program I was running and for me. It forced me out into the job market and, after 13 years of volunteer work where I told myself (and my long-suffering husband) that my many hours of labor would pay off someday, I found a job at a small advertising firm that makes the most of my skills.

It. Is. Awesome.

The boys are good. My church life is good. My friends are good.

I am doing well, using my little light and staying busy. Rob is traveling for work right now and honestly, I could use a little break. (Shout out to the single parents out there who do this job alone every day.) But life -- with Coming of Age, Our Whole Lives, scouts, Model UN, dance, babysitting, girlfriends, jobs, etc. etc. is GOOD.

And, for the first post of this month of Thanksgiving, I will just say that I am grateful for all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment