Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Cleaning

I am trying to clean my house before my parents come to visit. They fly in tonight. Not obsessively cleaning, just trying to get the pee smell out of the boys' bathroom. (Three little boys using a bathroom can get raunchy pretty quickly, I tell ya.)

Said boys are now in the playroom attempting to clean up. They spent about 4 hours in there yesterday and accomplished nothing. Now they are fighting and coming out periodically to tattle.

How sad is it that I am closing my eyes and plugging my ears so that I don't have to referee their fights? I have tried to help them work it out and I think I make it worse so I am dropping out.

The family room drapes are done. We may even get them hung tonight before the 'rents arrive. That is the extent of my "Ta-das" for the day. The remainder of the day is filled with "To-Dos." Off I go to clean bathrooms, vacuum carpet, make beds, do laundry, and clean floors.

Ahhh ...... the life of a domestic goddess. You're jealous, aren't you? I know, I can tell. Well, it ain't all glamour and Tide detergent, people, so stop dreaming of stepping in and living my life. Besides, where would I go?

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:07 AM

    I can wait a few more years for that kind of excitement! But I am sure they're worth every minute of the rowdiness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your parents are having a great time and remember they came to see you, Rob and the boys--not your house!

    ReplyDelete