Monday, November 21, 2005

Vikings vs. Packers

I just looked up the win-loss records for the two teams meeting up in Monday Night Football tonight.

The Minnesota Vikings are 4-5. They have already beat Green Bay once this year (but I'm not rubbing it in or anything).

The Green Bay Packers are at an astonishingly bad 2-7. (Insert loud, evil bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha laugh here). I may be slightly prejudiced but I think it's apropos that a team with a quarterback who can't correctly pronounce his own name is losing big.

What is that, anyway? Brett Favre. F-A-V-R-E. Not FARve. It's French, people. I'm French (well, way back there I am). And there's a weird French name that's been handed down in my family for generations that we all pronounce correctly. It's not rocket science, for pete's sake.

Yeah, I hate football. But even more I hate the smug, smirky, self-satisfied Packer Backers. They suck. They are rude -- and they are VERY poor sports. I *really* hate that.

So, tonight, GO VIKES! Send Farve, Favre or whatever-the-hell-his-name-is back to the locker room with his tail between his legs.

2 comments:

  1. I want you to know that I am sitting here right now in a number 4 jersey and I am going to Lambeau in two weeks to watch the Pack play. I go every year. I still love you, but I hate the Vikings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. EliceKatyBrett -- I guess you didn't read my bio, where it clearly states that if you don't like me (or my comments) get your own fucking blog. We are all allowed to have our own opinions, and if you don't like mine, you're free to disagree with me (as did my friend Teresa) in a reasonable fashion. Now get the fuck out of here and don't come back. Bitch.

    ReplyDelete