Friday, February 24, 2006

Cardswap


I have been working on cards for this cardswap with some girls from Scrapjazz. I am SO excited about how they turned out -- just exactly the way I wanted them to look. I used some staples and some lumpy stuff that I don't normally use in my books. It was really fun to try out some other stuff. Also, thanks to the Jazzer who helped me out with the uppercase "J". It looks great but I'm not revealing her name so she's not inundated with requests.

This card matches a really cool magnet board I have that holds my Prima flowers and the two things are the inspiration for my new scraproom back in Minnesota. It represents me perfectly -- the black and white argyle (from BoBunny, if you're wondering) is my tidy, clean lines, preppy self, but the edges are inked and smudgy. 'Cause I am a lot of things, but perfect is not one of them. The color is TOTALLY me (Bazzill Dahlia). My absolute fave. The hydrangea? My fave color again, and a little bling with the rhinestone in the center. The girly font is CK Windsong, the funky serif font is Fontdiner Sparkly. Yum. Totally 50's retro. Soooo cool.

We are off to Garrett's Little League practice. Back Monday. Have a good weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love that color palette.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:14 PM

    It's very pretty - certainly reflects you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete