Sunday, October 28, 2007

Tagged!

Lesle got me this time. These are the rules I’m supposed to follow:

  1. Link to your tagger, and also post these rules on your blog.
  2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.
  3. Tag 7 people at the end of you post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
  4. Let them know they are TAGGED by leaving a comment on their blog
This is difficult, as I regularly confess my shortcomings here. Anybody who reads regularly knows I am bitchy. They know I hold grudges like nobody else. They know I enjoy the things that make me quirky. They know I am unapologetic about my "issues" LOL. So these may be lame, but it's all I've got. My 7 weirdnesses, the high school edition:

1. I actually got along with my mom while I was in high school. My dad and I battled regularly, but while most of my friends were complaining about their moms, I was pretty okay with mine. Now that she's not the boss of me anymore, we're actually friends.
2. I was in band for years. I played clarinet. I didn't play it well (I rarely practiced), but I got by and it got me the 1/4 credit per year in high school for PE. Hey, I'm no dummy.
3. I once decorated my bedroom with dots. My dad wouldn't let me paint actual dots in the room, so I spent an afternoon tracing circles of varying sizes, cutting them out and coloring them. I then used masking tape to adhere them to the walls and ceiling. It looked awesome. My dad thought I was certifiable.
4. I had parachute pants. With zippers all over them. Not weird enough for you? I wore them with white leather ankle boots. And a white leather jacket. And one white glove dangly earring. And I looked GOOOOOOD. ROFL.
5. In all of high school I had ONE drink. My junior year, at a party my parents knew about (and they knew there would be alcohol, but I promised not to drink). Chuck had Mt. Dew and Strawberry Schnapps. I took a sip and decided I'd rather drink gasoline. Ewwwww.
6. The end-of-school year party in 1985 (end of my freshman year) we had a party at Dan's farm. I shared a lounge chair with Robert (who today is my husband). I knew it that night -- I remember SO clearly, sitting back against him, his arms around me, talking with Dan's parents next to the bonfire. I knew then that he was the guy -- that he would never hurt me, that he would always be there for me. I was completely terrified (especially since we were "just friends") of being one of those girls who just graduated from high school and got married and never did anything exciting. It took me 7 years to come around.
7. I was completely infatuated with one guy in high school. How infatuated? He was 5'8" tall, his football number was 20, his basketball numbers were 32/33, he was a guard in basketball and had an 85% free-throw average. He played Legion Baseball, he wore Levi's 501s, his locker his senior year was 252, his birthday was April 17. I knew where he lived, his mom and dad's names (his mom was my 2nd grade teacher) ... yes, sad, I know. Thing is, he KNEW. He knew I was obsessed about him. And still he gave my friends one of his senior pictures signed for me.
Bonus #8!!!! I still have the picture. In a frame. Displayed in the spare bedroom of my house (unless my husband has turned it face down on the shelf in the little jealous game he plays). Yep, I'm an odd duck.

I tag:
Lesley
Vivian
Sandy
Heather (who has sick kids so may take as long as she needs to complete this task)
Sarah
Teresa (just because I miss her blogging)
and Cara (because it took her so long to start a blog LOL)

PS- added 10/30 - I got this completely whacked-out comment on this post today so I have turned on comment moderation for now. Sorry, but this one was WAAAAAY out there. So if you commented earlier, no, you are not losing your mind. I had to delete the entire post and re-publish it. Argh.

No comments:

Post a Comment