Thursday, January 24, 2008

Good news and bad news

The good news is it is NOT a ruptured tendon, as far as the podiatrist can tell. They did x-rays (when she asked if I could be pregnant I said, "No -- thank god." and she said people always say that to her. I told her I had a 6 year old and I wasn't doing diapers again -- I left out the part about "In December they fried my uterus, thus rendering me infertile forever. Yay!").

The bad news: the x-rays showed a "giant heel spur" (the doc's words) in my right foot. Those things look nasty. And they hurt. A lot. And I have tendinitis. (As an aside, why is it spelled "tendOn" but "tendInitis" is correct? Just wondering.) And osteoarthritis.

Oh, the joys.

They taped up both of my feet and I am to stay off of them for a few more days. I will then be cast for some orthotics to go into my shoes and hopefully things will be better.

In other news, my friends ROCK. Emails of support, calls to let me know they are thinking of me, and yesterday Christine (you lovely, lovely girl, you) brought me dinner for the whole family and fresh flowers. The black beans and rice were a hit, the salad was yummy (did you candy the nuts yourself? So delish.), and can I just say that my children were fighting over the pumpkin muffins? Awesome. I cannot thank you enough. Plus the flowers look all bright and springy and they make me smile. Even though the windchill this morning was -36. Yes, Fahrenheit. I know, unreal.

Anyway, I am off to bed once more, feeling somewhat better and even a tad hopeful that this, too, shall pass.

3 comments:

  1. Just remember...you're not getting older, you're just getting more interesting to the medical community! ;)

    Have a restful afternoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by your blog to check on you! I miss you at SJ! But geez--sounds like you have some healing to do. How can you kick butts with bad feet? Get better chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you're doing a little better.

    ReplyDelete