Sunday, February 17, 2008

At last!

I have the inserts for my shoes. We went out Friday night and picked up a pair of New Balance walking shoes (not at Kohls, thankyouverymuch) and I'm waiting to hear from the store because they have a buy 1, get one 50% off deal and I'd like a matching pair to wear when I am outside of the house.

Today I am in them for 3 hours, tomorrow for 4 as part of the breaking in schedule. So far, so good. I did some baking earlier and my feet are in far better shape than usual after an hour and a half in the kitchen.

I stopped at one of our local scrapbook stores Friday night because I needed Bazzill cardstock and they are the only store that carries it. My friend Jodie was working, and 2 other friends were there cropping. Such a fun little surprise for me. I was so happy to see them all. (Plus I only spent $5 and bought ONLY what I needed, so yay for me).

I've putzed around in the scrap room today, started a sewing project but mucked it up immediately and decided to put it away for a day when my brain isn't quite so muddled, and decided that tomorrow I'll be taking my kids here for part of the day. Since there's no school statewide I'm sure it will be a zoo (ha ha ha) but we'll go early and leave when it gets to be too much for me to take.

The DFL office here had its grand opening yesterday. We went late in the hopes that we would miss the speeches. Forty-five minutes in, they were still talking when we walked in the door. Ugh. That is one thing about politicians I could give up. Not a damn one of them knows when to shut the hell up and just eat some cake. Looks like things are heating up around here -- we have lots to do this year and I want to start volunteering in the office just so I have a good grasp of everything before it gets critical. I'm excited, though -- I love answering the phones, getting lawn signs out to people, telling them how to get involved -- good stuff.

Have a good week, everybody.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the inserts work for you. It took my mom weeks to "build up" to wearing hers, but they helped.

    Thanks for my card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are getting to things and not spending money...wish I could say the same!

    ReplyDelete