Wednesday, April 16, 2008

It's official.

I am now a soccer mom. How funny. (I mean funny peculiar, not funny ha-ha.) This is definitely NOT how I envisioned my life at (dare I say it?) almost 40. Dear god.

We went to practice Monday night to get all the details. And to be the only family that thought 6:30 was a convenient practice time and agree to change the practice time because I didn't want to be THAT mom (okay, I AM that Mom, but I try not to let people in on my dirty little secret until I've known them a little while). So practice is now at 5:45. Honestly, this is not that convenient for me. Argh. I'll live.

Having frozen my proverbial ass off Monday night, I left Evan at practice tonight and ran to get the dog's nails clipped, buy her food, and get some potting soil for Evan's classroom project. It was over 70 degrees today (Ahhh! Bliss!!!) so I wouldn't have been as miserable sitting there, but I was grateful to have errands to run, anyway.

Rob is down to 5 short days of class left and is off at a meeting tonight. It has not been horrible having an MBA student in the house, but he and I will both be grateful for the break the summer will provide. Plus then he'll be able to help me get out of the house for those oh-my-god-it's-early soccer games. EIGHT o'clock? A. M.? Seriously? I know, I'm ridiculous. But I've paid my dues in the getting-up-at-Oh-dark-thirty game. What's the Oh for? See above.

And I neglected to mention the crop I attended last weekend. Friday night and Saturday. I ran out of adhesive, people. this is a good sign. I worked on my kids' school albums and made significant progress. Plus she had a ton of great food there. Fresh fruit, a veggie tray, a baked potato bar ... some of my favorites. AND a Tastefully Simple consultant. You MUST try the Pomegranate Chipotle sauce. It is heaven with some cream cheese on a Wheat Thin.

This week I'm the sexton at church (In case you're wondering, there is no sex in sexton, Rob already asked. LOL) and I'm the Caring Coordinator for the next couple of weeks as well. I am hoping it stays quiet, as I have drawn that job the last 2 Decembers in a row and it has been busy. Like December isn't already busy enough.

So again, life is busy (whose isn't?) and the weeks fly by faster and faster. I guess right now I am most looking forward to Rob being done with school. Four weeks. Three weekends. Five days. We're getting there. (I mean "we" like he meant it when I was in labor. The kind where you act like the pain is yours, too, but really, the entire miserable freaking burden has been on the other person all along. Yeah, we're almost done. LOL)

5 comments:

  1. It's surprising to me with each new post of yours I find we have more and more things in common. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so totally THAT mom! And that's why I love you! Mwah!

    I'm seething with jealousy about the crop. Next time one of those comes up I sure hope no one goes out of town and abandons me with my children and a perverse desire to paint my kitchen. Red. God help us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for Rob and it is so "WE."

    8 am?? Dear God. Was PT even that early on the weekends? Which means they have to be there at 7:30 and get up at.....ick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the rare few who escape the label "soccer mom". Wear it loud and proud!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tastefully Simple--makes me look like I can cook!

    ReplyDelete