Monday, June 02, 2008

The weekend in pictures

We had a lovely weekend. The weather could not have been better. The car show was ok -- too many people for my liking but the parade was nice. Here are a few highlights. Above, this Mercury is owned by a friend of my dad's. I have a weakness for Mercs ... and this is an exceptional car. Absolutely stunning.
This is my little brother driving my dad's 1929 Model A Roadster.Evan is in the front seat, Garrett is in the rumble seat with my nephew Connor.
This is my mom's baby -- a 1966 Ford Fairlane. It's Cayman green and the photo doesn't do the color justice. Rob was driving this one, and my nephew Duncan is standing up to say hi. Spence is hidden in the back.
We went out to my folks' hobby farm in the afternoon -- the boys all love it out there and it really was pretty. Check out the intense blue of the sky.
I put all the boys in the bucket of the front end loader on my dad's Allis Chalmers tractor ... they all thought they were so cool.
I am pretty pleased with the composition of this one ... just a pile of junk next to the barn and a shot of the immense, flat prairie. It's not a landscape everyone appreciates, but it's a part of me. (Of course, I prefer this view to the monochromatic 40 below picture it would have been in February, so we all have our limits.)

1 comment:

  1. It takes a special heart to find delight in broad flat stretches of nothingness.

    God bless rural America!

    ReplyDelete