Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Blech.

Somehow today got away from me, too. (It could be the 2 hours I just spent at our friends' pool hanging out with the kids....)

So today, just a quick rundown of reading material while we were on vacation:

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See

The Memory of Running by Ron McLarty

Both excellent reads. I have requested another book by Lisa See that I had heard of before but never got around to reading. So once Peony In Love arrives at the Bookmobile for me I'll let you know what I think.

I also got through Newsweek and Time, both cover to cover -- I never get to do that. It felt so indulgent. And I have been browsing O magazine's summer book issue but frankly it left me uninspired.

More later -- I have to go make dinner so everyone gets to baseball on time.

2 comments:

  1. We're like, book twins, because I swear I JUST picked up Peony in Love! I haven't started it, besides reading the first chapter, but it looks pretty good.

    I'm reading a pretty good novel that my sister gave me when I was in Colorado. It's called the Memory Keeper's Daughter. Sort of Oprah-bookclubbishy, but a page turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't enjoy the O Summer book issue either--I already sent it to the paper recycler. Right now I am reading a YA novel about being a witch.

    ReplyDelete