Monday, September 01, 2008

Tagged by Donna and Lesle

Here are the rules:
*If you are tagged, you must first post the rules:
*Write 7 strange characteristics about yourself.They interest us all!
*Tag 5 other people at the end of your Post.
*Visit everyone that you have tagged and leave a comment on their blog to let them know that they have been tagged.

I have done this a few times before , (and here too, but I have plenty of quirks, so here goes:

1. I hate potty talk. Like the word fart. And any vulgar turn of phrase describing the act of having a bowel movement. I almost stroked out during "Shawshank Redemption" where he says he's going to pinch a loaf. Yet I curse like a sailor. I know, makes no sense.

2. I have dreamed about tomorrow for years -- my youngest child is going to school full days for the first time. Instead of being gleeful, though, I am more than a little tearful. Sheesh.

3. I love my creature comforts -- baths, lotions and moisturizers, acrylic nails, pedicures -- but I also love to go camping. Yes, in the woods. No, not at the Motel 6.

4. I hate oranges. Orange juice, orange flavored drinks, candy, whatever. If it's orange I won't eat it. Can't stand the smell, either -- I once got sick to my stomach on a plane because some idiot peeled and ate an orange. Ewwwww. And don't get me started on the color orange. Honestly, I just can't handle it.

5. My brother and I didn't get along for years. He was angry about some stuff, I was too, and I just didn't take the time to worry about it. It took a long time for him to tell me why he was peeved and I had been going along for years, completely oblivious to the fact that he was peeved and not caring enough to really be mad at him. Moral of the story? If you're ticked off, tell the person or get over it. You are the only one who is hurt by the anger you hold inside. (By the way, we've come a long way. His divorce helped. LOL)

6. (Hey, last time it was only 5 things...) I will spend the next month or so cleaning and organizing my house before I sit down and tackle some genealogy and scrapbooking projects I really want to get to. I just can't focus fully until my house is back in order. *Sigh* I really need to work on the anal retentive issue...

7. I need a new cell phone and I want the opposite of what everyone else seems to want these days:
*I want a roundish one (not squarish like an iPhone or a Razr),
*not too wide (like a Crackberry) because it needs to fit in the 2.125 inch spot in my van's console so I can charge it while I'm driving
*no keyboard (like ... every phone in the world) because I don't text. Ever.
*keypad should light up blue. Because I like blue.
*no camera. Stupid non-focusing 1.3 mp cell phone cameras that take horrible pictures of Bruce in concert. Not that I'm bitter.
*doesn't need to access the web. I have a desktop and a laptop. Enough already.
*Pink. Okay, a lot of people seem to want that too.

There. I'm not tagging anyone but if you feel like playing let me know.

Back later in the week to catch you up on the last week of summer vacation, camping, the first day of the rest of my life, and everything. Or mostly everything.

2 comments:

  1. LOL at your cell phone wish list. Sounds kind of like the new $23phone I just bought - except mine's not pink. I don't quite understand why everyone's cell phone needs to be so high-tech these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like my Razr, but I am all about the symmetry and tidyness of the thing. Mine doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles.

    ReplyDelete