Saturday, October 23, 2010

I'm Back!

Thank you. Thanks to everyone who has stuck around here while I have spent far too much time avoiding writing here and fighting my demons.

Today was an AMAZING day. Amazing.

I got up this morning and had a cup of coffee thanks to my husband. We relaxed and hung out with the kids for a while. It was gray and gloomy and a little drizzly.

I changed my bed, got the sheets in the washer, and hopped into the shower. All 5 of us loaded in the car and did a lit drop of about 175 pieces. (For you non-political types, that's when someone comes and just drops a flier or piece of literature about a candidate on your doorstep or hang it on your doorknob.) We hit 175 households in an hour for a candidate I really believe in who just received the endorsement from the local paper because of her terrific record of helping our city and county.

A quick trip to Aldi and we came home. I went through a pile of clothes with the boys and we determined that I need to put bricks on their heads because they are all growing so quickly. Have I mentioned ALL 3 OF MY CHILDREN now wear size 10 pants? They are 13, 11 and 8. I would just like to know what I did to make the Universe angry because ohmygoodness I was counting on hand-me-downs! Sigh.

Anyway, I threw some chicken breasts and salsa into the crock pot (chicken tacos, mmmm) and came upstairs where I got ALL my mending done. Well, all except the khaki pants but that was only because I didn't have the right thread. Will do that tomorrow. So the mending got done. I cleaned off my scrapbooking table and worked on a LO (which I hope to showcase later in the week) and played around a bit. I was happy.

I ran down to the kitchen for a bit and watched Divine Design while I peeled some apples and put them in the dehydrator. Went through some school paperwork with Evan, then baked a pumpkin pie. The sun had come out and it was a glorious afternoon.

I took Garrett to a birthday party, came home and fixed dinner, and am back up here playing around with that scrapbook page. Soon I'll go down and whip some cream and we'll have pie.

It doesn't sound glamorous or fancy. It was a pretty ordinary day. But OH MY GOSH this is what I've been waiting for. Today, with all its hustle and bustle, all of its little accomplishments, was the first day in I can't remember how long that I felt normal. Happy, even. Content, clear-minded, focused. I wasn't cranky or impatient. (I think I am finally through the withdrawal that was making me feel like that.) I was patient with my kids (who responded by being more awesome than ever.) I was a little ... dare I say it? Cheerful.

I know. Let me say it again. I was cheerful today.

And despite the fact that overall I am cheerful, I am a little bit teary at the realization that maybe, just maybe, I am seeing what my life can be like again. I am finding out how to be in this world without Kris. I miss her, as always, but HOLY COW!!!!!!

Today I saw the sun! Hallelujah!

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say, this post made ME smile :) So glad it was a good day for you Jennifer, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete