Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The right tool for the job

I have written before about the fact that I am an appliance snob. Well, not really a snob because I don't care what anyone else has, I just want what I want, regardless of what's the fashionable thing to have. That goes for appliances, cabinetry, furniture, and everything else in my home.

Our washer and dryer were old. The spin cycle on the washer was not as efficient as it once was, and a few times a month I had to run a second spin cycle on a load. The dryer had a hard time keeping up with loads of jeans for the 5 people in the house.

So Rob told me to start researching. I knew I did not want a front loading washer. (See above. LOL) So I looked into the Cabrio and the Bravos. The reviews were mixed, leaning toward awful. I was scared.

So I asked friends and acquaintances, and was steered toward the LG top loading washer. I went to Sears to look at it, and the sales guy told me that LG makes the Kenmore Elite models. Which were on sale for 40% off. Awe. Some.

The Elite models have 2 tiers -- we opted for the lower tier. No need to see the clothes while they wash, tyvm, and no need for a steam dryer. And with the sale price we were able to buy the extended maintenance and repair warranty for about the same cost as the regular price of the machines. The reviews of these are significantly better but it is reassuring to know we have a backup plan, too.

I do a lot of laundry. I am so grateful I have a husband who recognizes the right tool for the job can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment